Monday, June 30, 2008

Apam Balik - Malay pancake :)



You have no idea how excited I am to try out all these Malay recipe I've found the last couple of weeks. One of which is Apam Balik and original recipe found here. My non-Malay family tried it and said it tasted like Pancake w/ Peanuts filling.




Since the original recipe is in Grams, I try to do my own conversation back to Cups.

Ingredients for batter

1 1/2 cups of flour

2 tsp of baking powder

3/4 tsp of baking soda

1/2 tsp of salt

1/2 cup of sugar

3/4 cup of water

3/4 cup of milk

1 egg
3 tblspoon melted butter

Filling
1 cups of toasted peanuts - grind coarsely

1/2 cup of sugar

some butter

For the rest of the instruction, just click
here. Please note that mine is a bit darker, could be because I used sugar cane sugar or I simply left it on the stove too long.

Other than that I also took some pics at church:


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are too cute! Thanks for the comment! :)