Friday, August 29, 2008

DIY Bokeh

I finally get a chance to try the DIY Bokeh and I'm LOVING IT! Below is my DIY Heart Shaped lens hood. The black paper cost $0.39 from local craft store and lots of tapes. I was able to make 3 of these fake lens hood from it.



This is the result. Not bad huh??? I'm still working on trying to get the foreground/target to focus right. This is the first time I have to use manual focus and as you can see, I'm not very good at MF.


Here's another shot with the snow flake cut out. I've used Martha Stewart's paper craft puncher for this cut out - the heart cut out I just did it by hand. The only problem I have w/ the snowflake puncher is I couldn't get it to center where I want it. The puncher only allow you to slide the paper edge in so much.



Both of these shots were taken w/ my 50mm lens at between f/1.8 to f/2.8 w/ tripod and a string of multi-xmas lights. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Nick L said...

Neat! I'm going to try this with my cell phone camera!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

What a great idea! :)