Friday, July 11, 2008

Pandan Chiffon - Green cake :)

My cousins and I used to make this cake from scratch growing up. When I saw the cake mix on mytasteofasia.com, I just couldn't resist to buy it. It turns out really good and the fragrant brings back lots of memories from childhood. The green color comes from the Pandan extract. It's commonly used in Southeast Asia dishes. Read more about Pandan here.

First I blend 7 eggs, then added the cake mix, then added 3 tablespoon of water and then add in about 3 tablespoon of coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Pop into over for about an hour @ 320°F. Not too sweet and very fluffy!

2 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

That is a very nice pandan chiffon cake. I normally bake it from scratch but seeing yours I might try out the box one. Good job :)

Penny said...

Gert: haha this is the FIRST time I have success w/ chiffon cake. I guess buying the right baking pan/mold helps! :)